Start saving for a loved one’s higher education and you could win an extra $1,000 in your account. With daily drawings, you have a chance to win every day in May. The sooner you open your account, the more entries you receive.
Happy Birth Day, Baby!
Expecting a baby with a due date on or about May 29?
Your bundle of joy could be the lucky winner of a $529 inVEST account!
10 Ways to Celebrate 529 Day
- Open a Virginia529 college savings account with as little as $25. Every dollar saved is a dollar you don’t have to borrow - and you could win big with our $1,000-a-day sweepstakes.
- Already have a Virginia529 account? Log-in and set up automatic monthly contributions to help your savings grow faster.
- Use Virginia529’s College Savings Planner to find out how much college could cost. If you’re already saving, compare your balance to the cost of college.
- Sign up for Virginia529 news, program updates and saving tips.
- Share your saving success story with Virginia529 to inspire others.
- Tell a friend about saving with Virginia529.
- Give the gift of education by making a special contribution to a Virginia529 account for a loved one.
- Follow Virginia529 on Facebook and Twitter for savings tips, program news and exclusive opportunities. Spread the word to your family and friends by sharing our posts and tweet #VA529!
- Wear your school’s colors to share collegiate pride.
- Read what the media says about 529 plans and saving for higher education.
Share on social media:
What is 529 College Savings Day?
529 College Savings Day (also known as 529 Day) raises awareness about the importance of saving for higher education and the many advantages of 529 plans. Whether you’re saving for your own education or the education of a loved one, Virginia529 can help make your dreams a reality.
Learn How to Start Your Savings
- Info Sessions
- Handley Regional Library Monday, May 2 | Winchester, VA
- Chesapeake Central Library Thursday, May 5 | Chesapeake, VA
- Lynchburg Public Library Tuesday, May 10 | Lynchburg, VA
- Central Rappahannock Regional Library Tuesday, May 10 | Stafford, VA
- Oakton Library Monday, May 16 | Oakton, VA
- Richmond Public Library West End Branch Wednesday, May 25 | Richmond, VA
529 Day History
Read how Virginians have celebrated 529 Day since 2009.