We are seeking a Senior Full Stack Software Engineer to help lead agency initiatives related to the development of college savings software used by our customers to save for their future. If you have passion for technology innovation, excel in full stack development, and enjoy mentoring other developers, then this role is for you.
- Collaborate with the development team and end users on large scale initiatives utilizing a variety of technologies, domain driven design, and container architectures
- Recommend technology and process improvements, and optimize the use of our applications, making a direct impact on our customers
- Mentor other developers in middleware application development and security best practices
- Design and build REST APIs
- Architect, design and build microservices and serverless applications
- Perform code review and mentor associates with development processes and coding standards
- Develop your skills through agency-paid continuing education
- An undergraduate degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or a related field
- 10+ years of experience in autonomously designing and developing complex systems involving multiple technologies and interfaces
- Significant experience designing and building REST APIs
- Experience with mainline development and domain driven design methodologies
- Experience designing and building applications using AWS, feature flags, and container architecture
- Experience architecting, designing and building microservices and serverless applications
- Experience with Integrated Development Environments such as SQL Developer, Visual Studio Code, or some equivalent
- Experience using Test automation tools, such as Test Café, Newman and Postman, and methodologies such as Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery, Automated Testing
- Familiar with Windows operating system
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proficient in multiple product management methodologies (e.g. Agile Scrum, Kanban)
- Demonstrated understanding of information design, web accessibility, User Centered Design principles, and browser limitations
- Broad knowledge of current technology and best practices in its use including development, security and accessibility
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, sufficient to explain complex technical problems to diverse audiences.
- Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, all Virginia529 employees are working remotely. Under normal circumstances, the Senior Full Stack Software Engineer works in a typical office environment with considerable time in a sitting, stationary position.
- Must be able to move about the office to attend meetings.
- Constantly operate a computer and other office equipment including typing and keying
- Frequently communicate with team members; must be able to exchange accurate information accordingly
- Occasional travel required