The Real Estate Investment Trust Index Portfolio invests entirely in the Vanguard Real Estate Index Fund (the "Real Estate Index Fund"), which employs an indexing investment approach designed to track the performance of the MSCI US Investable Market Real Estate 25/50 Index. The Index is made up of stocks of large, mid-size, and small U.S. companies within the real estate sector, as classified under the Global Industry Classification Standard (GCIS). The Real Estate Index Fund attempts to replicate the Index by investing all, or substantially all, of its assets in the stocks that make up the Index, holding each stock in approximately the same proportion as its weighting in the Index.
|Market values as of 11/13/2019||Total Returns as of 10/31/2019|
|Investment Portfolio||Unit Value||Daily Change||YTD Return as of 11/13/2019||1 Month||3 Month||1 Year||3 Year||5 Year||10 Year||Since Inception||Inception Date||Expense Ratio|
|Real Estate Inv Trust||Market values as of 11/13/2019||$26.76||0.86%||25.46%||Total Returns as of 10/31/2019||1.07%||6.83%||24.75%||9.50%||8.01%||13.41%||7.76%||General Information||Sep 2005||0.20%|
|Real Estate Investment Trust Index Portfolio Benchmark||1.03%||6.58%||23.41%||8.81%||7.65%||13.22%||7.43%|
Average Annual Returns
Updated Monthly as of 10/31/2019
|1 Year||3 Year||5 Year||Since Inception Sep 2005|
|Real Estate Investment Trust Index Portfolio||24.75%||9.50%||8.01%||7.76%|
|Real Estate Investment Trust Index Portfolio Benchmark||23.41%||8.81%||7.65%||7.43%|
Returns are net of fees.
The Real Estate Investment Trust Index Portfolio’s Benchmark is a blended composite benchmark reflecting the asset strategic benchmark index components for each underlying investment manager, and an adjustment reflecting the administrative fee for the Portfolio:
- MSCI US Investable Market Real Estate 25/50 Index
Portfolio Fees as of 10/31/2019
|Asset Management Fees||0.10%|
|Expense Ratio (Asset Management + Administrative Fee)||0.20%|
|As of 11/13/2019||$26.76|
The Real Estate Investment Trust Index Portfolio seeks to provide a high level of income and moderate long-term capital appreciation by tracking the performance of a benchmark index that measures the performance of publicly traded equity Real Estate Investment Trusts and other real-estate-related investments.
Because the Real Estate Investment Trust Index Portfolio invests entirely in the Vanguard Real Estate Index Fund, the Portfolio is subject to a high level of industry concentration risk and interest rate risk. The Portfolio is also subject to stock market risk and investment style risk.
- All investment return information is calculated by BNY Mellon Asset Servicing. Returns are presented net of management fees and Invest529 administrative fees. Returns for periods greater than one year are annualized.
- The Invest529 Real Estate Investment Trust Index Portfolio uses the Vanguard Real Estate Index Fund (Institutional Shares) as the underlying investment vehicle. This means that the Invest529 Portfolio invests in and owns shares of the underlying Vanguard Fund. Invest529 Program investors own shares of the Invest529 Portfolio; they do not directly own shares of the underlying Vanguard Fund.
- The Fund Benchmark is a custom benchmark that provides for the comparison of Fund performance results to an appropriate strategic benchmark index, in this case the MSCI US Investable Market Real Estate 25/50 Index, with an adjustment reflecting the Invest529 administrative fee for the Fund.
- Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Please refer to the Invest529 Program Description and the underlying Vanguard Fund prospectus before making any investment decision.