The Total Stock Market Index Portfolio invests entirely in the Vanguard Total Stock Market Index Fund, which employs an indexing investment approach designed to track the performance of the CRSP US Total Market Index. The Index represents approximately 100% of the investable U.S. stock market and includes large-, mid-, small-, and micro-cap stocks regularly traded on the New York Stock Exchange and Nasdaq. The Total Stock Market Index Fund invests by sampling the Index, meaning that it holds a broadly diversified collection of Securities that, in the aggregate, approximates the full Index in terms of key characteristics. These key characteristics include industry weightings and Market Capitalization, as well as certain financial measures, such as price/earnings ratio and dividend yield.
|Market values as of 3/21/2019||Total Returns as of 02/28/2019|
|Investment Portfolio||Unit Value||Daily Change||YTD Return as of 3/21/2019||1 Month||3 Month||1 Year||3 Year||5 Year||10 Year||Since Inception||Inception Date||Expense Ratio|
|Stock Index||Market values as of 3/21/2019||$30.83||1.13%||14.89%||Total Returns as of 02/28/2019||3.50%||1.95%||5.03%||15.47%||10.02%||16.69%||8.41%||General Information||Aug 2005||0.12%|
|Total Stock Market Index Portfolio Benchmark||3.50%||1.96%||5.05%||15.47%||10.02%||16.71%||8.41%|
Average Annual Returns
Updated Monthly as of 02/28/2019
|1 Year||3 Year||5 Year||Since Inception Aug 2005|
|Total Stock Market Index Portfolio||5.03%||15.47%||10.02%||8.41%|
|Total Stock Market Index Portfolio Benchmark||5.05%||15.47%||10.02%||8.41%|
Returns are net of fees.
The Total Stock Market Index Portfolio’s Benchmark is a blended composite benchmark reflecting the asset strategic benchmark index components for each underlying investment manager, and an adjustment reflecting the administrative fee for the Portfolio:
- CRSP US Total Market Index
Portfolio Fees as of 02/28/2019
|Asset Management Fees||0.02%|
|Expense Ratio (Asset Management + Administrative Fee)||0.12%|
|As of 3/21/2019||$30.83|
The Total Stock Market Index Portfolio seeks to track the performance of a benchmark index that measures the investment return of the overall stock market.
Because the Total Stock Market Index Portfolio invests entirely in the Vanguard Total Stock Market Index Fund, the Portfolio is primarily subject to stock market risk and has low levels of index sampling risk.
- All investment return information is calculated by BNY Mellon Asset Servicing. Returns are presented net of management fees and Invest529 administrative fees. Returns for periods greater than one year are annualized.
- The Invest529 Total Stock Market Index Portfolio uses the Vanguard Total Stock Market Index Fund (Institutional Plus Shares) as the underlying investment vehicle. This means that the Invest529 Portfolio invests in and owns shares of the underlying Vanguard Fund. Invest529 Program investors own shares of the Invest529 Portfolio; they do not directly own shares of the underlying Vanguard Fund.
- The Fund Benchmark is a custom benchmark that provides for the comparison of Fund performance results to an appropriate strategic benchmark index, in this case the CRSP US Total Market Index, with an adjustment reflecting the Invest529 administrative fee for the Fund.
- Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Please refer to the Invest529 Program Description and the underlying Vanguard Fund prospectus before making any investment decision.