The Total Bond Market Index Portfolio invests entirely in the Vanguard Total Bond Market Index Fund (the "Total Bond Market Index Fund"), which employs an indexing investment approach designed to track the performance of the Bloomberg Barclay’s U.S. Aggregate Float Adjusted Index. This Index represents a wide spectrum of public, Investment Grade, taxable, Fixed Income Securities in the United States — including government, corporate, and international dollar-denominated bonds, as well as mortgage-backed and asset-backed Securities, all with maturities of more than 1 year. The Total Bond Market Index Fund invests by sampling the Index, meaning that it holds a broadly diversified collection of Securities that, in the aggregate, approximates the full Index in terms of key risk factors and other characteristics. All of the Total Bond Market Index Fund’s investments will be selected through the sampling process, and at least 80% of the Fund’s assets will be invested in bonds held in the Index. The Fund maintains a dollar-weighted average maturity consistent with that of the Index, which generally ranges between 5 and 10 years.
|Market values as of 3/31/2020||Total Returns as of 02/29/2020|
|Investment Portfolio||Unit Value||Daily Change||YTD Return as of 3/31/2020||1 Month||3 Month||1 Year||3 Year||5 Year||10 Year||Since Inception||Inception Date||Expense Ratio|
|Bond Index||Market values as of 3/31/2020||$18.21||0.09%||3.29%||Total Returns as of 02/29/2020||1.72%||3.72%||11.78%||4.93%||3.44%||3.78%||4.18%||General Information||Sep 2005||0.12%|
|Total Bond Market Index Portfolio Benchmark||1.84%||3.77%||11.85%||4.99%||3.51%||3.80%||4.19%|
Average Annual Returns
Updated Monthly as of 02/29/2020
|1 Year||3 Year||5 Year||Since Inception Sep 2005|
|Total Bond Market Index Portfolio||11.78%||4.93%||3.44%||4.18%|
|Total Bond Market Index Portfolio Benchmark||11.85%||4.99%||3.51%||4.19%|
Returns are net of fees.
The Total Bond Market Index Portfolio’s Benchmark is a blended composite benchmark reflecting the asset strategic benchmark index components for each underlying investment manager, and an adjustment reflecting the administrative fee for the Portfolio:
- Bloomberg Barclays U.S. Aggregate Float Adjusted Index
Portfolio Fees as of 02/29/2020
|Asset Management Fees||0.03%|
|Expense Ratio (Asset Management + Administrative Fee)||0.12%|
The Total Bond Market Index Portfolio seeks to track the performance of a broad, market–weighted bond index.
Because the Total Bond Market Index Portfolio invests entirely in the Vanguard Total Bond Market Index Fund, the Portfolio is subject to a moderate level of interest rate risk, income risk, and call/prepayment risk. The Portfolio is also subject to low levels of credit risk, index sampling risk and extension risk.
- All investment return information is calculated by BNY Mellon Asset Servicing. Returns are presented net of management fees and Invest529 administrative fees. Returns for periods greater than one year are annualized.
- The Invest529 Total Bond Market Index Portfolio uses the Vanguard Total Bond Market Index Fund (Institutional Plus Shares) as the underlying investment vehicle. This means that the Invest529 Portfolio invests in and owns shares of the underlying Vanguard Fund. Invest529 Program investors own shares of the Invest529 Portfolio; they do not directly own shares of the underlying Vanguard Fund.
- The Fund Benchmark is a custom benchmark that provides for the comparison of Fund performance results to an appropriate strategic benchmark index, in this case the Bloomberg Barclays U.S. Aggregate Float Adjusted Index, with an adjustment reflecting the Invest529 administrative fee for the Fund.
- Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Please refer to the Invest529 Program Description and the underlying Vanguard Fund prospectus before making any investment decision.