Virginia529 Awarding Accounts for 529 College Savings Day, May 29 (5/29)
RICHMOND, Virginia–May 26, 2017–Nineteen Virginia newborns will win college savings accounts valued at $529 from Virginia529 for being born the closest to 5:29 p.m. on May 29 at participating hospitals in Virginia.
Virginia529 also is offering through May 31, 2017 the chance to win $20,000 toward higher education costs for one new account owner.
The initiatives are part of Virginia529’s 529 College Savings Day (529 Day) efforts to raise awareness about the importance of saving for higher education through tax-advantaged 529 plans and the culmination of a year-long 20th anniversary celebration.
One baby born at each of these hospitals participating in the 529 Day Baby Promotion will win the $529 Virginia529 account:
- Centra Southside Community Hospital, Farmville
- Sentara Martha Jefferson Hospital, Charlottesville
- Sentara Leigh Hospital, Norfolk
- Sentara Norfolk General Hospital, Norfolk
- Sentara Obici Hospital, Suffolk
- Sentara Princess Anne Hospital, Virginia Beach
- Sentara Williamsburg Regional Medical Center, Williamsburg
- Sentara Halifax Regional Hospital, South Boston
- Inova Alexandria Hospital, Alexandria
- Inova Fair Oaks Hospital, Fairfax
- Inova Fairfax Hospital, Falls Church
- Sentara Northern Virginia Medical Center, Woodbridge
- Augusta Health, Fishersville
- Sentara RMH Medical Center, Harrisonburg
- Warren Memorial Hospital, Front Royal
- Winchester Medical Center, Winchester
- Clinch Valley Medical Center, Richlands
- Johnston Memorial Hospital, Abingdon
- Norton Community Hospital, Norton
The tax advantages of 529 accounts make them smart solutions for avoiding student debt. Earnings on the savings in 529 accounts are free from state and federal taxes when used for qualified higher education expenses. Virginia taxpayers enjoy an additional benefit when saving with Virginia529: a state individual income-tax deduction of up to $4,000 per account per year.
Learn more about Virginia529’s 529 Day special offers and read official terms and conditions at Virginia529.com/529-day.