Investment Options and Performance
Active Conservative Portfolio
The Active Conservative Portfolio maintains a target asset allocation of 22.77% equity, 77.23% fixed income. This target asset allocation is comprised of the following sub-asset classes and Funds:
- 8.50% Allocation Large-Cap Domestic Equity, managed by The Vanguard Group, Inc.
- 0.93% Small–Cap Domestic Equity, managed by The Vanguard Group, Inc.
- 3.47% International Equity, managed by Capital Research and Management Co.
- 3.47% International Equity managed by Wellington Management Company
- 1.25% Emerging Markets Equity, managed by Sands Capital Management
- 1.25% Emerging Markets Equity, managed by DFA Investment Dimensions Group Inc.
- 3.90% Private Real Estate/U.S. Real Estate, managed by UBS Realty Advisors LLC, Blackstone Property Advisors L.P., and The Vanguard Group, Inc.
- 5.00% High Yield Bonds, managed by PGIM Fixed Income
- 10.00% Emerging Markets Debt, managed by Neuberger Berman Investment Advisers
- 19.40% Market Fixed Income, managed by The Vanguard Group, Inc.
- 42.83% Stable Value, managed by Invesco Advisers, Inc.
The majority of the underlying allocations of the Active Conservative Portfolio employ an Active Management strategy. A full description of each underlying Fund’s investment strategy can be found in the Target Enrollment Portfolios section of the Invest529 Program Description.
|Investment Portfolio||Unit Value||Daily Change||YTD Return1||1 Month2||3 Month2||1 Year2||3 Year2||5 Year2||10 Year2||Since Inception2||Inception Date||Expense Ratio|
|Active Conservative||13.16%||0.12%||2.83%||-0.81%||2.05%||4.67%||1.70%||3.07%||N/A||3.81%||Oct 2015||0.206%|
1. YTD Return as of 9/29/2023.
2. Total Returns as of 08/31/2023.
How to Interpret the Charts
The performance charts display historical performance for Invest529 portfolios. Two values are represented on each chart.
The first value is the daily Unit Price and is represented by the blue line on the chart. The second value is the percent change of the Unit Price based on a selected timeframe and is represented by the purple line. A date selector can be found underneath the chart that allows for custom date ranges to be chosen. These charts also feature the ability to zoom into pre-determined time periods (Note: Selecting a zoom period will not change the previously selected date range).
An unmanaged group of securities whose overall performance is used as a standard to measure investment performance.
Net Asset Value (NAV)
The market value of a mutual fund's total assets, minus liabilities, divided by the number of shares outstanding. The value of a single share is called its share value or share price.
To view the full definitions, please see the official Invest529 Program Description.
Average Annual Returns
Updated Monthly as of 08/31/2023
|1 Year||3 Year||5 Year||Since Inception Oct 2015|
|Active Conservative Portfolio||4.67%||1.70%||3.07%||3.81%|
The Active Conservative Portfolio’s Benchmark is a blended composite benchmark reflecting the asset strategic benchmark index components for each underlying investment manager, and an adjustment reflecting the administrative fee for the Portfolio:
- 8.50% S&P 500
- 0.93% CRSP US Small Cap Index
- 3.47% MSCI ACWI ex US
- 3.47% MSCI EAFE
- 2.50% MSCI Emerging Markets
- 3.90% NCREIF NFI ODCE & MSCI US Investable Market Real Estate 25/50 Index (blend)
- 5.00% Bloomberg Barclays U.S. High Yield Ba/B 1% Issuer Cap
- 10.00% JP Morgan Emerging Bond Market Index Global Diversified
- 19.40% Bloomberg Barclays U.S. Aggregate Float Adjusted
- 42.83% T-Bills + 100 basis points
Portfolio Fees as of 8/31/2023
|Asset Management Fees||0.157%|
|Expense Ratio (Asset Management + Administrative Fee)||0.206%|
A complete description of each of the risks associated with the underlying Funds of the Active Conservative Portfolio can be found in the Invest529 Program Description. Information on obtaining prospectuses for the respective Funds is also contained in the Invest529 Program Description.
Current Target Asset Allocation
|%||Sub-asset Class||Investment Manager|
|8.50||Large Cap Domestic Equity||The Vanguard Group, Inc.|
|0.93||Small-Cap Domestic Equity||The Vanguard Group, Inc.|
|3.47||International Equity||Capital Research and Management Co.|
|3.47||International Equity||Wellington Management Company|
|1.25||Emerging Markets Equity||Sands Capital Management|
|1.25||Emerging Markets Equity||DFA Investment Dimensions Group Inc.|
|3.90||U.S. Real Estate
Private Real Estate
|The Vanguard Group, Inc.
Blackstone Property Advisors L.P.
UBS Realty Investors LLC
|5.00||High Yield Bonds||PGIM Fixed Income|
|10.00||Emerging Markets Debt||Neuberger Berman Investment Advisers|
|19.40||Market Fixed Income||The Vanguard Group, Inc.|
|42.83||Stable Value||Invesco Advisers, Inc.|
Open a Active Conservative Portfolio account now
Highly rated. Expertly managed. Let Invest529 help you reach your savings goals.Get Started
Portfolio Selection Assistant
Use this handy tool to help narrow down your options.
Fees & Expenses
Learn more about the types of fees and how they are applied to your account.
Use these tools to determine future higher education costs and plan your saving strategy.
Get the Latest News
- All investment return information is calculated by BNY Mellon Asset Servicing. Returns are presented net of management fees and Invest529 administrative fees. Returns for periods greater than one year are annualized.
- Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Please refer to the Invest529 Program Description before making any investment decision.