Investment Options and Performance
Total International Stock Index Portfolio
The Total International Stock Index Portfolio invests entirely in the Vanguard Total International Stock Index Fund (the "Total International Stock Index Fund"), which employs an indexing investment approach designed to track the performance of the FTSE Global All Cap ex US Index, a free-float-adjusted market-capitalization-weighted index designed to measure equity market performance of companies located in developed and emerging markets, excluding the United States. The Index includes more than 7,555 stocks of companies located in 48 countries. The Total International Stock Index Fund invests all, or substantially all, of its assets in the common stocks included in its target index.
|Investment Portfolio||Unit Value||Daily Change||YTD Return1||1 Month2||3 Month2||1 Year2||3 Year2||5 Year2||10 Year2||Since Inception2||Inception Date||Expense Ratio|
|International Index||21.12%||0.40%||5.02%||-4.42%||3.63%||12.10%||4.33%||3.45%||4.59%||4.38%||Sep 2005||0.119%|
1. YTD Return as of 9/29/2023.
2. Total Returns as of 08/31/2023.
How to Interpret the Charts
The performance charts display historical performance for Invest529 portfolios. Two values are represented on each chart.
The first value is the daily Unit Price and is represented by the blue line on the chart. The second value is the percent change of the Unit Price based on a selected timeframe and is represented by the purple line. A date selector can be found underneath the chart that allows for custom date ranges to be chosen. These charts also feature the ability to zoom into pre-determined time periods (Note: Selecting a zoom period will not change the previously selected date range).
An unmanaged group of securities whose overall performance is used as a standard to measure investment performance.
Net Asset Value (NAV)
The market value of a mutual fund's total assets, minus liabilities, divided by the number of shares outstanding. The value of a single share is called its share value or share price.
To view the full definitions, please see the official Invest529 Program Description.
Average Annual Returns
Updated Monthly as of 08/31/2023
|1 Year||3 Year||5 Year||Since Inception Sep 2005|
|Total International Stock Index Portfolio||12.10%||4.33%||3.45%||4.38%|
The Total International Stock Index Portfolio’s Benchmark is a blended composite benchmark reflecting the asset strategic benchmark index components for each underlying investment manager, and an adjustment reflecting the administrative fee for the Portfolio:
- FTSE Global All Cap ex US Index
Portfolio Fees as of 8/31/2023
|Asset Management Fees||0.070%|
|Expense Ratio (Asset Management + Administrative Fee)||0.119%|
The Total International Stock Index Portfolio seeks to track the performance of a benchmark index that measures the investment return of stocks issued by companies located in developed and emerging markets, excluding the United States.
Because the Total International Stock Index Portfolio invests entirely in the Vanguard Total International Stock Index Fund, the Portfolio is primarily subject to stock market risk, country/regional risk, currency risk, investment style risk, and emerging markets risk.
Open a Total International Stock Index Portfolio account now
Highly rated. Expertly managed. Let Invest529 help you reach your savings goals.Get Started
Portfolio Selection Assistant
Use this handy tool to help narrow down your options.
Fees & Expenses
Learn more about the types of fees and how they are applied to your account.
Use these tools to determine future higher education costs and plan your saving strategy.
Get the Latest News
- All investment return information is calculated by BNY Mellon Asset Servicing. Returns are presented net of management fees andInvest529 administrative fees. Returns for periods greater than one year are annualized.
- The Invest529 Total International Stock Index Portfolio uses the Vanguard Total International Stock Index Fund (Institutional Shares) as the underlying investment vehicle. This means that the Invest529 Portfolio invests in and owns shares of the underlying Vanguard Fund. Invest529 Program investors own shares of the Invest529 Portfolio; they do not directly own shares of the underlying Vanguard Fund
- The Fund Benchmark is a custom benchmark that provides for the comparison of Fund performance results to an appropriate strategic benchmark index, in this case the FTSE Global All Cap ex US Index, with an adjustment reflecting the Invest529 administrative fee for the Fund.
- Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Please refer to the Invest529 Program Description and the underlying Vanguard Fund prospectus before making any investment decision.