The Inflation–Protected Securities Portfolio invests entirely in the Vanguard Inflation-Protected Securities Fund (the "Inflation-Protected Securities Fund"), which invests at least 80% of its assets in inflation-indexed bonds issued by the U.S. government, its agencies and instrumentalities, and corporations. The Inflation-Protected Securities Fund may invest in bonds of any maturity; however, its dollar-weighted average maturity is expected to be in the range of 7 to 20 years. At a minimum, all bonds purchased by the Inflation-Protected Securities Fund will be rated Investment Grade, or if unrated, will be considered by the advisor to be Investment Grade.
|Market values as of 4/16/2021||Total Returns as of 03/31/2021|
|Investment Portfolio||Unit Value||Daily Change||YTD Return as of 4/16/2021||1 Month||3 Month||1 Year||3 Year||5 Year||10 Year||Since Inception||Inception Date||Expense Ratio|
|Inflation-Protected||Market values as of 4/16/2021||$18.42||-0.09%||-0.57%||Total Returns as of 03/31/2021||-0.12%||-1.43%||7.40%||5.55%||3.68%||3.26%||3.78%||General Information||Sep 2005||0.16%|
|Inflation–Protected Securities Portfolio Benchmark||-0.20%||-1.50%||7.45%||5.58%||3.76%||3.30%||3.87%|
Average Annual Returns
Updated Monthly as of 03/31/2021
|1 Year||3 Year||5 Year||Since Inception Sep 2005|
|Inflation–Protected Securities Portfolio||7.40%||5.55%||3.68%||3.78%|
|Inflation–Protected Securities Portfolio Benchmark||7.45%||5.58%||3.76%||3.87%|
Returns are net of fees.
The Inflation–Protected Securities Portfolio’s Benchmark is a blended composite benchmark reflecting the asset strategic benchmark index components for each underlying investment manager, and an adjustment reflecting the administrative fee for the Portfolio:
- Bloomberg Barclays Capital US Treasury Inflation Protected Index
Portfolio Fees as of 03/31/2021
|Asset Management Fees||0.07%|
|Expense Ratio (Asset Management + Administrative Fee)||0.16%|
The Inflation–Protected Securities Portfolio seeks to provide inflation protection and income consistent with investment in inflation–indexed securities.
Because the Inflation-Protected Securities Portfolio invests entirely in the Vanguard Inflation-Protected Securities Fund, the Portfolio is subject to a high level of income fluctuation risk. The Portfolio also has low to moderate levels of interest rate risk and manager risk.
The Vanguard Inflation–Protected Securities Fund seeks to provide protection from inflation as measured by the Consumer Price Index (CPI). It is possible that the costs of higher education may increase at a rate that exceeds the rate of increase of the CPI. There is no guarantee that the Vanguard Inflation–Protected Securities Fund will protect investors from the rising costs of higher education.
Explore Index Portfolios
Explore Portfolios by Category
- All investment return information is calculated by BNY Mellon Asset Servicing. Returns are presented net of management fees and Invest529 administrative fees. Returns for periods greater than one year are annualized.
- The Invest529 Inflation-Protected Securities Portfolio uses the Vanguard Inflation-Protected Securities Fund (Institutional Shares) as the underlying investment vehicle. This means that the Invest529 Portfolio invests in and owns shares of the underlying Vanguard Fund. Invest529 Program investors own shares of the Invest529 Portfolio; they do not directly own shares of the underlying Vanguard Fund.
- The Fund Benchmark is a custom benchmark that provides for the comparison of Fund performance results to an appropriate strategic benchmark index, in this case the Bloomberg Barclays Capital (formerly Lehman Brothers) US Treasury TIPS Index, with an adjustment reflecting the Invest529 administrative fee for the Fund.
- Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Please refer to the Invest529 Program Description and the underlying Vanguard Fund prospectus before making any investment decision.