Do you have kids or are you thinking of having kids? Want to know how you can help your children avoid the student loan mess you’ve had to deal with? Student Loan Planner host Travis Hornsby and Virginia529 CEO Mary Morris talk about the benefits of a 529 plan and how to set up a tax advantage education savings plan for your children, even if they don’t exist yet.
In this episode, you'll find out:
- What is a 529 plan and how does it work?
- How to choose a 529 plan: Cost, investment options, tax advantages, tax deductions, and more.
- Can I change the name and the beneficiaries on my 529 plan?
- Tips for reducing and paying off large student loan debts (529 matches can be a game changer!)
- Limitations and restrictions of a 529 plan, and more!