The code is redeemed during the Invest529 application process, which will deposit the money into an Invest529 account. You may give the code to another individual to redeem into their Invest529 account, or you may redeem it into your own Invest529 account. The steps to redeem during the Invest529 application process are outlined below.
- Select ‘Create New Login ID’
- Enter the first name, last name and email address of the person that is opening the account, known as the Account Owner. The Account Owner must be 18 years of age or older and a U.S. citizen or legal U.S. resident and is normally the winner of the promotion or the parent or legal guardian of a promotion winner (if they are under the age of 18)
- Check your email to retrieve the confirmation code needed in order to continue
- Enter the confirmation code received
- Finish entering your personal information to complete the profile of the account owner
Once your profile is complete, you will be directed to a Welcome Screen.
- Select ‘Open an Account’
- Select ‘Create New Account’
- Select ‘New’ to create a new application
- Complete each of the six (6) sections of the Invest529 Application
In much of Section 1, Account Owner will automatically be loaded from the information used to create your profile.
There are a few additional pieces of information to complete.
- In Section 3, Beneficiary, you will enter the information for the individual who will benefit from the account i.e. will use the money for higher education expenses
- In Section 4, ‘Product Selection’ you will enter the bonus gift code amount in the ‘Initial Investment Amount’ box to the right of the investment portfolio(s) of your choice:
- You may choose more than one portfolio, but the amount you enter in this section should total the amount you won
- If you enter an initial investment amount more than the bonus gift code amount, or you choose to set up a recurring bank debit, you will be responsible for the amount over the bonus gift code amount and will be required to provide your bank account information
- Learn more on Invest529 portfolios here
- Once all sections are complete select ‘Review’
- Verify all information is complete and select ‘Continue’
- Read and select ‘I Agree’
- Select ‘Gift Card’ at the bottom of the screen as your payment option
- Enter the gift code provided to you and continue through the prompts to redeem your winnings and open your account. The money typically appears in the account within 2-3 business days
Yes. To redeem the code into an existing Invest529 account log in to the Invest529 account and select ‘Redeem’ in the Gift Center.
No. Each individual is eligible for a maximum of one $10 bonus gift code total.
No. Individuals must make one gift card purchase of at least $50 to receive the $10 bonus gift code.
Individuals who purchased a Virginia529 gift card within the “Give a Gift, Get a Reward” promotion window (November 10 through November 16, 2020) AND met the contribution criteria for eligibility have received the $10 bonus gift code to redeem into a new or existing Invest529 account.
If you expected to receive a reward but did not get the gift code, please review the eligibility requirements found in the “Give a Gift, Get a Reward” terms and conditions.
If you have any questions, please contact customer service at Virginia529.com.
No, the primary qualification for the “Give a Gift, Get a Reward” promotion is that the gift card be purchased online during the promotional period of November 10, 2020 and November 16, 2020.